Jo Blogs

Livin' my life like it's golden, golden...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Half Mast

I look out of my window and see the US flag at half mast today. Its been like that for days. First in response to killings in Omaha, Nebraska last week. A troubled young man, goes into a mall and ends many lives, including his own.

Then on Sunday another troubled young man goes to a YWAM base in Colorado. By the time he has left, two young adult missionaries are dead, two others are wounded. He then goes to a church after the service has ended. Apparently he intended to kill as many people as possible. By the time he is killed, two sisters aged 16 and 18 are dead, and their father and someone else are in hospital.

Its all over the news, the losses, the questions, the pain. The tragic troubled lives so filled with pain and vengeance that turned to murderous intent. The lives of other young adults, full of potential cut short.
There are so many stories, and yet a loss for words.

I cannot get my head around this. On one level I don't want to.When Columbine happened, Dunblane happened, we were shocked to our very core. And rightly so. I don't want to get used to hearing about incidents like Virgina Tech, Omaha, Colorado, and the others, for there are others.
Something is wrong. Something is wrong. Something is wrong.

The flag is at half mast today. Its been like that for days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home