Step it up
I've never done Step classes before. It felt like a bit of a rip off really. Especially when I lived in Sheffield with its seven hills and its terraced housings with more steps than I could ever want. Who needs Step classes?
Wednesday is normally Sweatshop an hour of cardio with Angie. Other than her recent penchant for Queen remixes (step away from the originals, DJ's...) she's great. But she was away, so Serena subbed for her.
Serena, like all my fitness instructors is young, lovely and fat free. She wants to give a Step class today. I smirked. I had a cold, so I was glad for the light relief. A Step class? I could relax a little.
Or so I thought.
We step, and step even more. And actually its rather tiring. Especially when interspersed with circuits , and jacks and boxing moves and the dreaded squats.
One hour later, we are all sweating and panting. All except for Serena, who is merely glowing. I see a hint of a knowing smile. We underestimated her, and she stepped up to the plate, quite literally. She showed us what she was made of and what we weren't. All with a gentle, dare I say serene, smile.
I am hot and humbled.
And of course completely converted to Step!
Wednesday is normally Sweatshop an hour of cardio with Angie. Other than her recent penchant for Queen remixes (step away from the originals, DJ's...) she's great. But she was away, so Serena subbed for her.
Serena, like all my fitness instructors is young, lovely and fat free. She wants to give a Step class today. I smirked. I had a cold, so I was glad for the light relief. A Step class? I could relax a little.
Or so I thought.
We step, and step even more. And actually its rather tiring. Especially when interspersed with circuits , and jacks and boxing moves and the dreaded squats.
One hour later, we are all sweating and panting. All except for Serena, who is merely glowing. I see a hint of a knowing smile. We underestimated her, and she stepped up to the plate, quite literally. She showed us what she was made of and what we weren't. All with a gentle, dare I say serene, smile.
I am hot and humbled.
And of course completely converted to Step!
Labels: Confessions of an Unfit Mom

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home