Jo Blogs

Livin' my life like it's golden, golden...

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Tag level II

What a weekend. This weekend, I discovered a whole new level of the game 'Tag' .

Previously I had linked tag only to the way the girls seemed to play tag with not sleeping at night.

Zoe went down sick, like projectile vomiting sick. One second everything was calm and normal. The next we'd both be drenched in her breakfast. And the nightcap of the previous night.

I can do this I thought. Millions of women have dealt with sick babies for generations and lived to tell the tale.
People, I didn't even do a sympathy vom.Oh no not I, I will survive. But we took the little poorly one to the docs to get her checked out. Zoe was great - when the doctor didn't know what her symptoms were, she projectile vomited before his very eyes just to give him an indicator. But since she didn't want to mess her lovely outfit - most of the sick went on mine.

Eventually we got home an lay her down for a nap. Tia was also napping, so I left Chris with the girls and headed out to do some errands. When I got back Zoe was up and Tia could be heard moaning in her room. I went into say hello and saw that she was covered in vomit. Like COVERED. And not wanting to leave anything out, the bedding, the mattress, the everything was covered too. TAG.

I thought to myself - I will survive, just as long as I know how to open windows, I know I'll stay alive.

So now we had two poorly poorly babies.

(Is it bad that I actually was enjoying the fact that all Tia wanted to do was curl up on my lap?)

We braced ourselves for the night - we were ready for vomit, sleeplessness, tears. I was relieved it was Chris' night "on" as I curled up to sleep. They both slept amazingly. Zoe slept through the night ~ a first I think. So Chris went to college the next day all refreshed and I was totally chilled to face what was promising to be a good day.



I changed my clothes 4 times that day. Not because of indecision, or wondering does my bum look big in this (Quick answer. Yes), but because Zoe vomited down me 4 times. And both girls poo took a turn for the diaorrhea.Tagging of course. And not matter how hard I tried, they would tag their germs as they shared pacifiers.

Neither of them were eating. But we watched the Wiggles all day, which somehow made up for things. Or made them quiet... Did I care that they watched TV all day? No I did not. At all.


But what I was really looking forward to was bedtime. Where my two beautiful, poorly, uncharacteristically quiet girls would drift into dreamland and the good Lord would restore them through the night.





Even when Zoe projectiled all over me at her nighttime feed , I was still optimistic. Just.


Chris tagged me and nestled down to sleep for the night. I prayed passionately over them ( for my sleep) and went to bed.


I got up at 12.05 am, 1.17am, 2.10am, 3am, 5.15am ( whopee a whole two hour stretch!) because the girls decided to play the ALL the classic games of "I can't sleep" tag.For those of you who are not familiar with the tag derivatives, let me introduce you to the family of "i can't sleep" tag



  • The 'I-want-my-mummy' tag.

  • The "If-she's-crying- then- so-will-I" tag.

  • The 'when-you-get-there-mummy-I-will-fall-asleep-so-quickly-you-wonder-why-I-woke-up' tag.

  • And the ultimate tag: the 'just- when-you-think-you-are-dropping-off-to-sleep-I-will- tag-my-sister' tag.


Chris was graciously unsmug about it in the morning.The girls were very chirpy, though still a bit poorly in the morning. Smiles on their faces, cute giggles, but still poorly.

"Giggles! Giggles!" said Tia - meaning she wanted to watch the Wiggles. AGAIN.


So I put the DVD (nearly worn out I suspect) on. AGAIN. She smiled and joined in the action songs. "Rock a bye bear" - A classic. Alas this time I could not join her. I had another game of tag to play. With the laundry, washing machine and tumble dryer.



but I will survive...hey hey....

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home