Jo Blogs

Livin' my life like it's golden, golden...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Er... Rated R?

Sometimes it is possible to have too much of a good thing. Even if the toddler doesn't think so. So fever or no fever, it was time to move Tia on from The Wiggles. I just needed a break from Dorothy the Dinosaur and Henry the Octopus. So I search around in our cupboards for something else, and get really excited when I stumble across The Jungle Book.


Great ! the Bare necessities and all that, Tia loves animals, singing and dancing.What could be better?
We sit down to watch.The film score lasts forever and sounds a bit more menacing than i remember...

Tia is starting to look bored. And I am beginning to feel oddly uncomfortable.So I pick up the dvd case, to read all the info:
"memorable music, imaginative adventure... a treat for all ages!"
then i look down at the rating.



It's rated R! Like Babel, rated R, like The Departed rated R, like Silence of the Lambs rated R.

For what you might proclaim?

"Strong Pervasive Violence, brief language, and a scene of sexuality content"

Is it me, or is that not the Jungle Book you remember? For the love of all that is good, pure and straightforward, for the love of Disney, for crying out loud - what is going on????
Anyway I wasn't going to watch to find out. Mowgli or no Mowgli - I am not going to watch and R rated movie with my daughter, especially not for the next - er 18 years!
So we got the Wiggles back out, and settled down for a bit more of Dorothy the dinosaur and Henry the Octupus. We're Wiggles all the way, God love 'em.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home