I HEART my village
That well worn African proverb,
"It takes a village to raise a child" is proving very true
On Monday night Shaina popped over to babysit and we returned hours later to a sparkling clean house!
Tuesday morning - One of Zoe's godmothers - Jo came over with her kids to look after Tia and Zoe while I was at work. I got home to the smell of Beef Casserole in the slow cooker and the sight of two very nice pizzas in the freezer!
Tuesday night Sal came over and left with some of mine and Tia's clothing that she is going to adjust, take in and do seamstressy type things with.
I get tips and recommendations on food for the girls, sales in the shops from friends like Lizzy and Trena and Amy and Josee. And just yesterday - my own not so little goddaughter Bex told me some things about toddlerdom from her Early Childhood Degree that gave me some insight and perspective - something my girls will eternally thank her for!
And those are just the things that have happened this week!!!
I love our community. Truth is we are not always in an out of each others houses, we don't spend every waking moment of every day together. It took me and Lizzy a month or so to get things together and meet up - we've both cancelled on each other too many times!
Nonetheless - I think we are a village, of sorts. We may not see each other all the time, but somehow we do belong 'together' And I think my girls, (as well as Chris and me) are reaping the benefits.
"It takes a village to raise a child" is proving very true
On Monday night Shaina popped over to babysit and we returned hours later to a sparkling clean house!
Tuesday morning - One of Zoe's godmothers - Jo came over with her kids to look after Tia and Zoe while I was at work. I got home to the smell of Beef Casserole in the slow cooker and the sight of two very nice pizzas in the freezer!
Tuesday night Sal came over and left with some of mine and Tia's clothing that she is going to adjust, take in and do seamstressy type things with.
I get tips and recommendations on food for the girls, sales in the shops from friends like Lizzy and Trena and Amy and Josee. And just yesterday - my own not so little goddaughter Bex told me some things about toddlerdom from her Early Childhood Degree that gave me some insight and perspective - something my girls will eternally thank her for!
And those are just the things that have happened this week!!!
I love our community. Truth is we are not always in an out of each others houses, we don't spend every waking moment of every day together. It took me and Lizzy a month or so to get things together and meet up - we've both cancelled on each other too many times!
Nonetheless - I think we are a village, of sorts. We may not see each other all the time, but somehow we do belong 'together' And I think my girls, (as well as Chris and me) are reaping the benefits.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home