A Good Mother
Sally bought me this little thing which is hanging in my kitchen saying:
"Good mothers have sticky floors, filthy ovens and Happy Kids!"
If the above adage is true - then my girls are deliriously, gloriously, marvellously happy!
And I, frankly, am phenomenal. And investing in building my girls' immune system in creative ways...
I am convinced that the legendary 'ten second rule' (where its OK to eat food that has fallen on the floor for up to ten seconds after said food has fallen on said floor) was not created by a nose-picking, grubby eight year old boy. It was made up by the nose-picking, grubby eight year old boy's mother.
"Good mothers have sticky floors, filthy ovens and Happy Kids!"
If the above adage is true - then my girls are deliriously, gloriously, marvellously happy!
And I, frankly, am phenomenal. And investing in building my girls' immune system in creative ways...
I am convinced that the legendary 'ten second rule' (where its OK to eat food that has fallen on the floor for up to ten seconds after said food has fallen on said floor) was not created by a nose-picking, grubby eight year old boy. It was made up by the nose-picking, grubby eight year old boy's mother.

4 Comments:
At 12:38 AM,
Matt said…
Funnily enough they have the same rule here in Australia, except they call it the 25-second rule.
I think that says a lot about Australian hygiene.
At 11:51 AM,
Shepherds said…
I'd heard it was 3 seconds - I like yours much better. More grace!
At 2:46 PM,
Emma Andrews said…
Matt, its so hot in aussie that most things are probably sterilised when they fall on the floor due to the heat! The longer the better! I'm liking the increase in seconds though and we don't even have kids! xx
At 10:52 PM,
Matt said…
Heck we might as well call it a 10 minute rule and be done with it.
Post a Comment
<< Home