Jo Blogs

Livin' my life like it's golden, golden...

Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Best Made Plans






I had plans for Saturday. Long lists of things to do because baby Z was a week away. Less than that, there were plans to be induced on Wednesday sometime. So Saturday was my day to get things done. Clean our house from top to bottom, cos it was chaotic (though admittedly, NOT for the first time). Write a few blog posts, do some cooking, get some food in, make arrangments for Tia. Wash clothes, do the ironing, sort out a few bills, that sort of thing.


I should have guessed something was up on Friday. The way I ploughed through hours of work as though there was no tomorrow, but just couldn't stop myself. The way that there was all these things that were on Saturday's list that about which I suddenly thought - don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today; right now in fact. So I washed my hair (not an everyday occurence for me) and undertook random tasks. Then I had an epic nap, and in the evening we watched a DVD. Because Saturday was going to be hectic going through all the lists, getting everything done.


At 6 .30 am when my waters broke, I realised that I was half right. One way or another, it was going to be a hectic kind of day...

Zoe arrived at 1.41pm and all my plans counted for very little!


But there was some redemption. Sally, and the Landgraf family took care of the house, so we returned home today to a clean home without having to do any of the work for it!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Emma Andrews said…

    Congratulations Jo! Zoe is v cute! AND can I say what a fantastic way to get the housework done!!! Love Emma

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Blogger dan said…

    congrats, i'd forgotten you were preggers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home