So glad we've made it
So Tia is now a year old. When I woke up this morning, I tried to relive the memories of when she was born, the first few hours, the first few days. But to be honest with you - it's all something of a blur. I blame the drugs myself. I do remember some things; holding her for the first time, watching Chris calm her, showing her around the house when she came home from the hospital.Buying lots of girls clothes. I remember how light she was and realising that the vast (and I do mean vast) majority of my baby weight was actually Jo weight...Besides - how do you sum up a life changing, life defining year? Or try to explain how this 6lb 6oz bundle has grown into this bubbly,dramatic, vibrant, goofy toddler? Maybe words can't describe it. No words can communicate how much we love Tia; how much she's changed us, how we see the world, see life , see God through different eyes since she came around.
In the meantime we just carry on! We're learning how to be good parents. We're leaning on God when we're totally confused, exhausted, overwhelmed - or all of the above. Parenting leaves plenty of scope for dependence on God I think.
And we're doing a lot of laughing. Laughing, giggling, singing and dancing. And it's a lot of fun!

2 Comments:
At 8:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Jo, rather randomly found your blog! How are you doing? I can't believe you're a mum now...how cool! How's life in the US of A? We were over in LA in May actually for some training. We're planting a church called Mosaic here in Sheffield that's connected to Mosaic in LA (don't know if you've heard of it?)
Anyway, it'd be cool to know how you are and what you've been up to.
Take care,
Sam.
At 1:49 PM,
Jo Saxton said…
Wow ! Hi Sam!!!!!Am I right in thinking you are married now?
I had your email address but that account got deleted so I didn't get to follow through....
Post a Comment
<< Home