Thirty - two

Life has been rather hectic of late, so I kept forgetting it was my birthday, which is so unlike me that its tantamount to having a personality transplant. Thankfully I was able to pull it back in time to get the cards and presents and stuff. With family and friends spanning the globe, birthdays are now a naturally drawn out affair, which is no bad thing. You never know when things will arrive. My first card (from Sarah my sister in law) was two weeks early. Others from people like Zan (who always sends quite a special kind of card...) were little prompts reminding me that the big day (what does that phrase mean anyway? The day before Tia was born when I weighed A LOT and felt like a heifer, now that, my friends, was a BIG day) was around the corner. Then there was a flurry of cards and e-cards and even phonecalls on the day itself.
In the evening the gang had a social - actually a belated baby shower for a few friends (Note to UK girls - get into the baby shower thing. Whilst not wishing to sound mercenary, you can do really well out of them, clothe your kid for years!). But it was also a little bit of a birthday party too! Karyn sorted out the perfect cake and everything. Carrot cake. Nuff said.
Life is good. It throws you the odd curve ball now and then to keep you on your toes, but it would be dull if it didn't. And as for being a year older and all that, I love it. In fact, I love it so much I've been calling myself 32 for about 6 months now. Its not one of those official coming of age years, but it still feels it somehow. Who knows, maybe I've grown up or something.

1 Comments:
At 5:07 PM,
Iyabo Oba said…
Happy Birthday babes,
You sound like you were thoroughly spoiled indeed, and that's exactly how it should be!!!
Welcome to the land of the 32!!
Seeya Yarbs x
Post a Comment
<< Home