Jo Blogs

Livin' my life like it's golden, golden...

Monday, March 20, 2006

Something For The Weekend

A couple of weeks ago I went to England for the weekend, to speak at a conference called Soul Sista. It was weird leaving Tia and Chris at the airport, I cried as I walked away. I was leaving a part of me behind and I didn't like it.

Eventually I began to relax. I watched 5 films on those two flights. I haven't been to the cinema since Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, so 5 was like a special treat!
When I got to the UK (bally freezing by the way) I ate all my favourite English stuff: chips (not fries, CHIPS) and a battered sausage. Ali took me for a curry, and we had tikka masalas. I slept for two nights without interruptions.

The Conference was a one day thing, 600 teenage girls gathered together to meet with God. How I wish I'd had that sort of thing growing up!!! And
Soul Survivor are amazing at what they do. There was a pamper area (complete with hand and foot massages) served by a team of great listeners if the girls needed to talk and pray. A thrift store where all the girls were invited to bring their stuff, and buy other people's - and all the money went to Compassion. There was a cafe with an acoustic feel.
The talks were a lot of fun and went really well. It was great doing that kind of stuff again, comfortable and natural, even though its been awhile.

Soon it was time to go home. When I got into the car and saw Chris and Tia it was like being complete again, home again. And the weekend was like a little refreshing gift, which made me appreciate all the different aspects of our lives that much more.

And in the end - it was all so quick, I didn't even get jet lag!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home