Happy New Year!
Now I just LOVE New Year's Eve, I do. Looking back I have lots of fond memories. Even the bad ones were good, I love it so much. I remember going clubbing in London, standing on Sydney Harbour watching the fireworks, having a party with friends, being at church on the stroke of midnight. Whatever form it took, New Year has always been pretty special for me.
Reason one: I like parties.
Reason two: It's just a chance to start again isn't it? To cast off the stuff of the previous year and (hopefully) leave it behind once and for all. A chance to pray that God would do something new. I love the fact that we keep on getting second chances. What a gift.
My resolutions are always earnest, but in all honestly end up being pretty hit and miss. Besides I pretty much make up a new resolution every month anyhow. But it doesn't make it any less meaningful. Not for me anyway.
This New Year's Eve I am in my PJ's fighting a cold. Chris is in bed having succumbed to tiredness. Tia keeps waking up cos she's not well either. But its New Year's Eve and I feel the same giddy mix excitement and hope that I've felt at church, in Sydney, at a party. The sense of the unexpected about to unfold, a new opportunity to be grasped, a chance for healing and redemption, a time to let go and move on.
2005 has been wonderful, Tia May type wonderful. Nonetheless, 2006 - bring it on.
Reason one: I like parties.
Reason two: It's just a chance to start again isn't it? To cast off the stuff of the previous year and (hopefully) leave it behind once and for all. A chance to pray that God would do something new. I love the fact that we keep on getting second chances. What a gift.
My resolutions are always earnest, but in all honestly end up being pretty hit and miss. Besides I pretty much make up a new resolution every month anyhow. But it doesn't make it any less meaningful. Not for me anyway.
This New Year's Eve I am in my PJ's fighting a cold. Chris is in bed having succumbed to tiredness. Tia keeps waking up cos she's not well either. But its New Year's Eve and I feel the same giddy mix excitement and hope that I've felt at church, in Sydney, at a party. The sense of the unexpected about to unfold, a new opportunity to be grasped, a chance for healing and redemption, a time to let go and move on.
2005 has been wonderful, Tia May type wonderful. Nonetheless, 2006 - bring it on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home